Your (“you,” “your”) privacy is important to us at Munchee Inc. (“we,” “us,” “our,” or “Munchee”), and we want to be as transparent as possible about:
• The kinds of information we collect
• Who we will and will not share this information with
• What choices you have
• What we’re doing to protect your information and what you can do
• When and why we update this policy.
To this end, we’ve described our practices and policies when it comes to your information below. By visiting, accessing or using the Munchee website (Munchee.io), mobile applications and API and all associated services, features and content (“Service” or “Services”), you acknowledge that:
• You have read and agree to be bound by our Terms of Service
• You are over 13 years of age. (This Service is not targeted towards children under the age of 13, nor do we knowingly collect information about children under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to verify and terminate the account.)
In order to provide the Munchee Service to you and improve your experience as described below, we may collect the following types of information:
We collect the following types of information on our servers only when you optionally choose to provide it to us by filling out a form, accepting a request for permission or taking some other explicit action:
• Private Profile Information: In order to take advantage of certain Munchee features and enable us to contact you for the purposes described below, you can optionally create a Munchee account (your “Account”) by providing an email address and creating a password or by logging in using a third party service such as Facebook (your “Account Information”). If you log in using a third party service such as Facebook, the email address that you used to register with that third party service may be used to create your Account, and a password unique to Munchee may be generated for you, which you can change at any time. Passwords are stored using industry standard methods. Your actual password is never stored or visible to Munchee, its agents or employees at any time. Your email address will never be displayed to other users of the Service (unless you separately include it in any public information you provide, which we do not recommend).
• Third Party Connections: In order to facilitate sharing of information between services and find friends who have registered for Munchee, you can connect third party services (such as Facebook and Twitter) using the secure, industry standard connection methods provided by these third parties. When you make a connection between your Munchee account and one of these third party services, the third party service may share certain information about you with Munchee. These third parties never reveal your passwords to us and are responsible for informing you about what information they will share with Munchee. We will never post content to your third party profiles unless you’ve chosen to enable us to do so by accepting the appropriate request for permission, checking a box or taking some other explicit action.
• Payment Information: We do not directly collect or store any payment information at this time, but may use third party services such as PayPal to enable you to purchase Munchee-related products or services. These Terms of Service do not cover third parties’ handling of Personal Information, so if you use these third party services, be sure to review their terms of service and privacy policies.
• Your Contacts: In order to find friends who have registered for Munchee, you can optionally upload contact information from your mobile device by using the Find Contacts feature (if provided) and accepting the appropriate request for permission or prompt. We do not store this information, and never associate it with your Account or other Personal Information.
• Your Current Location: In order to find nearby content more easily and receive targeted information, you can opt into sharing your mobile device or web browser’s location by accepting the appropriate permission or prompt. We never associate your current location with your account information.
You can choose not to provide us with any of the information above, but may not be able to take advantage of certain features without creating an Account or providing the appropriate information.
Once you’ve created an Account, you can optionally choose to contribute or create the following types of information in accordance with our Terms of Service, which in this document we will refer to as, “Public Information.”
• Public Profile Information: When registering or after registering, you can optionally enter in other public profile information such as a public display name, city, and bio. You can also upload a public profile photo.
• Public Photos: You can select individual photos to upload, tag with information including the location where the photo was taken, and share publicly on Munchee per our Terms of Service. When you upload a photo, any associated metadata your camera might have embedded into that photo, such as the date taken or place taken, may be uploaded as well.
• Public Content: You can create other types of content, such as reviews, ratings, pins and comments, which may be displayed publicly along with associated metadata such as date and time created.
In order to understand how our Service is being used and to make it better, we also automatically receive, store and log certain types of technical and usage information whenever you interact with our Service. Information of this sort includes:
• Technical information about your browser and mobile device: This information is used in the aggregate to help us optimize the Service for common browsers and devices.
• Usage information, such as the pages you request, searches you conduct and the features and emails from Munchee that you interact with: This information is used in an aggregate form to generate statistics about how the Service is being used and to target advertising and communications (as further described under “Partners and Advertisers”, below), but is never shared in any form that could be reasonably used to identify you personally.
• IP address, cookies, tokens and device identifiers: These are alphanumeric identifiers that help us to distinguish between unique browsers and devices in order to avoid showing you the same information twice, keep you logged into Munchee, prevent duplicate actions, prevent duplicate coupon redemptions and improve your experience. You can learn more about cookies below.
• Crashes and error reports: If you encounter a crash or error while using our Service, we may generate a crash report that includes technical, usage and, if you are logged in, your Account information so that we can diagnose and potentially prevent the problem in the future.
• We use third party tools to collect this information on our behalf, including, Google Analytics.
While we may use and share your Public Information with third parties as permitted by our Terms of Service and you should only upload Public Information if you’re comfortable with all of these terms, we will never share any other Personal Information with third parties, except in the following scenarios or with your explicit consent:
• Change of Control: In the event that all or a substantial portion of the assets, business or stock of Munchee are acquired by, merged with or transferred to another party, or in the event that Munchee goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, your information would be one of the assets that is transferred to or acquired by the third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Munchee or its assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
• Protection of Munchee and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Munchee, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. That said, any legal defenses or objections you may have to a third party’s request for your information, including a government, still apply.
We will not share your Personal Information with the following parties without your explicit consent:
• Partners and Advertisers: While we may provide aggregate usage and demographic information to partners and advertisers to help them understand our audience and target their communications accordingly, we never provide your Personal Information to partners or advertisers directly, nor do we disclose aggregate information to a partner or advertiser in a manner that would identify you personally. We encourage our Service partners to adopt and post privacy policies as well. However, the use of this aggregate information by our service partners, as well as any Personal Information you directly provide to partners or advertisers, is governed by the privacy policies of those service partners and is not subject to our control.
• Contests by Third Parties: Third parties may host contests and sweepstakes using Munchee in accordance with our Terms of Service. We cannot be responsible for information you provide directly to third parties, via the Service or otherwise, however we will not provide your email address to third parties without your consent, which you may provide by choosing to enter such a promotion, in accordance with the promotion rules. Munchee may send contest-related communications directly to you on a third party’s behalf.
We will not use or share your Personal Information for any purpose other than those described in this document without your explicit consent. Even when using your information for the purposes described in this document, we strive to give you control in the following ways:
• You can access, delete or correct your information as described below.
• You can choose not to receive certain types of emails, as described below.
• You can choose to disable cookies, as described below.
• You can control when and whether content posted to third party services, such as Facebook or Twitter, using both settings provided by Munchee (log in and go to) and settings provided by the third party service.
• You can choose not to provide any of the public or private information described above in the first place.
If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used or shared as described in this document, please discontinue use of the Munchee Service or do not provide such information.
You can view, update, correct and remove your Personal Information as described in our Terms of Service. In particular, if you have created a Munchee Account, you can log in and visit http://Munchee.io/settings to:
• View, update, correct and remove the Private and Public Profile Information you have provided
• View and modify the Public Information you have created or provided
• Reset your password using your Account email address (your password itself is never visible)
• Change your email preferences
• Disable your account by following the instructions in our Terms of Service.
As explained in our Terms of Service, you may not be able to remove all of your Public Information, such as dishes you added that others have bookmarked, but by disabling your account, you can disassociate that information from other Personal Information. You can also contact us at email@example.com if you would like to disable your account or if you have any questions or concerns about your Personal Information.
If you choose to provide your email address to Munchee by creating an optional Account or otherwise choosing to provide it to us, we will use it only to send communications directly from or related to the Service, such as:
• Occasional announcements about product updates or improvements.
• Notifications when others interact with you or your public content on Munchee.
• Recommended content from Munchee that we think might be interesting to you.
• Food-related offers, rewards or recommendations from Munchee.
• Contest-related communications if you participate in a contest or promotion hosted by Munchee or by a third party using the Munchee platform to host a contest or promotion.
• Personal messages related to the Service, your use of the Service or our Terms of Service.
You can opt out of any automated notifications or communications sent via the Service by following the instructions included with each email or by visiting http://Munchee.io/settings/ however Munchee employees, contractors or agents may still need to contact you personally, for example, if you are in violation of our Terms of Service.
We also use your email address to help others find you: If another Munchee user already knows your email address, they may search for and find your Munchee profile using your email address. Only your Public Information will ever be visible to other users, however, even if they know your email address.
As described above, we occasionally create “cookies”—bits of alphanumeric information that are stored by your browser or mobile device—in order to identify your browser or mobile device. These cookies are like “breadcrumbs” left behind by the Service to remind us that you’ve used it before so that we can improve your experience. By using Munchee, you agree to let us create cookies that enable us to do things like:
• Keep you logged into Munchee so that you don’t have to log in again every time you close your browser.
• Remember the last location you entered on Munchee so that you don’t have to enter your location again and again.
• Display announcements when you first visit Munchee but not every time you visit.
• Remember certain preferences you might set.
• Collect usage information for statistical purposes as described above.
Cookies placed by third party services are governed by the third party terms and privacy policies applicable to those services (which we encourage you to read).
Personal Information is transmitted to and stored by Munchee using industry-standard methods for each type of information. Our databases and servers are protected from unauthorized access using modern security and authentication methods such as passwords and access keys.
No method of transmitting or storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, however. While we endeavor to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that it will not be viewed, tampered with or intercepted by an unauthorized third party. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your Personal Information.
We will notify you by email if we have reason to believe that your Personal Information has been compromised due to a security breach or used in an unauthorized manner, but by using this Service, you agree to release us from any and all claims arising out of unauthorized use of your information.
Per our Terms of Service, you are ultimately the one responsible for ensuring the safety of your Personal Information by taking measures including, but not limited to:
• Keeping your email address and password safe
• Creating strong passwords and using them wisely (e.g.. don’t use the same password for Munchee and your bank, for example)
• Making sure that any internet connection you’re using to access the Service is secure and trusted
• Only uploading photos and other Public Information if you are comfortable with it being public
• Being careful about what information you provide to third parties
• Being aware of whether you are using the Munchee Service or have navigated to a third party service (e.g., by referencing your browser’s location bar).